"But seriously folks" is an excellent segue.
I ask you, is there any better way to change from a lighthearted, comical tone, to a serious, "let's get down to business" one? The answer to this last question is, no, there is not. "B.S.F" can be used in almost any situation where such a tonal switch is required. Have a peak behind the curtain...
Medical Conference: "Tongue depressor? I hardly knew her!...but seriously folks, malpractice suits are going to put all of us out of a job in the next 2 years."
Funeral Eulogy: "Sorry it took me so long to get the podium, but my wife was whining about how I never buy her anything nice!...but seriously folks, whenever teenage twins drown, there are no words to describe that much loss."
Evening News Broadcast: "Tongue depressor? I hardly knew her!...but seriously folks, the tragic drowning deaths of the Anderson twins has devastated this small, Minnesota suburb. We now go there live for a report and the eulogy."
See what I'm saying? Feel that sudden silence? Of course you do!...but seriously folks...
Medical Conference: "Tongue depressor? I hardly knew her!...but seriously folks, malpractice suits are going to put all of us out of a job in the next 2 years."
Funeral Eulogy: "Sorry it took me so long to get the podium, but my wife was whining about how I never buy her anything nice!...but seriously folks, whenever teenage twins drown, there are no words to describe that much loss."
Evening News Broadcast: "Tongue depressor? I hardly knew her!...but seriously folks, the tragic drowning deaths of the Anderson twins has devastated this small, Minnesota suburb. We now go there live for a report and the eulogy."
See what I'm saying? Feel that sudden silence? Of course you do!...but seriously folks...


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home