It's not a real movie trailer without that one Peter Gabriel song.
"....It's the story of a man and a woman, torn apart by a storm, brought together by one very special horse....."
(music rises)....
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!!'
"...When you have nobody else to turn to..
'MY HEART WAS GOING BOOM, BOOM, BOOM'
...sometimes the only place to turn to is the place you've never turned to before...
(music rises)...
...turn...to...Yourself"
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!!'
"This summer, get ready to meet the firs...
'MY HEART WAS GOING BOOM, BOOM, BOOM'
...uhhh, get ready to meet the first woman to ev...
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!'
...okayyyyy. To meet the first woman to ever love a retar..
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!'
...That's it, I'm done."
'BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.'
Have there been any other uplifting songs with a climactic build that have been released in the last 15 years? And if so, are any of these tracks allowed to be licensed for cinematic marketing? And if yes, then what did Peter Gabriel do to put such a stranglehold on the world of trailer music?
This song has become the musical equivalent of the "In a World" voiceover.
(music rises)....
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!!'
"...When you have nobody else to turn to..
'MY HEART WAS GOING BOOM, BOOM, BOOM'
...sometimes the only place to turn to is the place you've never turned to before...
(music rises)...
...turn...to...Yourself"
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!!'
"This summer, get ready to meet the firs...
'MY HEART WAS GOING BOOM, BOOM, BOOM'
...uhhh, get ready to meet the first woman to ev...
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!'
...okayyyyy. To meet the first woman to ever love a retar..
'GRAB YOUR THINGS, I'VE COME TO TAKE YOU HOME!!!'
...That's it, I'm done."
'BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.'
Have there been any other uplifting songs with a climactic build that have been released in the last 15 years? And if so, are any of these tracks allowed to be licensed for cinematic marketing? And if yes, then what did Peter Gabriel do to put such a stranglehold on the world of trailer music?
This song has become the musical equivalent of the "In a World" voiceover.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home