Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Goth kids are screwed if they sleep in.

Once you make the decision to go Goth, there's no going back. You can't just show up to class one day with a ponytail and sweatshirt after you've made your name as the kid with the fishnet arm wraps and dripping mascara. Getting prepped for the day has to take a good 20-30 minutes. And if your Robert Smith alarm doesn't go off? Forget it Johnny Despair, the 12 minutes it takes to lace up those 14in Dr. Martens are gonna make homeroom mighty tough to attend. Feel the gloom.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know eppo, prep time of only "20-30 minutes" is expecting a whole lot of Donnie and Darcy Darkos don't you think? Some of those daily getups are intense Halloween costumes, which we all know can take weeks to plan, days to create, and hours to apply. I really do commend these troubled, attention deprived youths for their efforts. However, I was never close enough to any Goths in my day to discover the day-to-day workings of this occultist faction... and I have questions.

1. Do they shop daily in the same thrift stores, grocery market aisles, and Halloween shops that we patronized in the month of October?

2. Do they borrow their mother's eyeliner?
2a. Do their mothers know they're borrowing it?
2b. Are their mothers okay with them borrowing it?

3. The Halloween retail market is extremely seasonal. Do Goth's wardrobes drastically improve in the winter time? I never noticed.

4. What do they wear to funerals?

5. What do they wear on Halloween?

6. What do they wear to visit their grandparents?


Being a Goth must be tough.....

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home