Monday, March 21, 2005

Circular reasoning is totally awesome.

People have asked me why I find circular reasoning to be so truly awesome. I tell them that they're foolish; anyone can see that circular reasoning is awesome by first looking at just how incredibly great it is.

If they took the time and paid attention to just how amazing and sweet circular reasoning was, it would be impossible for them not to realize that yes, circular reasoning IS totally awesome.

Often times, they still don't agree with me. "But you haven't given me any real reason WHY circular reasoning is so awesome!" is something I have had said to me. "You're just jumping back to your point without any evidence or facts to support it!"

Childish, I know. But they're just so cutely frustrated that I have to help them out.

Usually I'm draw them a little parable to help illustrate the folly of their ways. This is one of my favorites that I'll use from time to time:

Me: "Okay, let's forget about circular reasoning and how awesome it is for a second."

Idiot: "Okay, sure."

Me: "Now follow me here...The Bible is inspired by the word of God."

Idiot: "But how do you know that?"

Me: "Because it says so, right here, in the Bible."

Idiot: "But why should I believe what it says there?"

(Nice. I got 'em right where I want 'em).

Me: "Because the Bible is inspired by the word of God. Don't you get it?!?"

Booyah. After this, the person is usually so frustrated at being so obviously wrong that they just give up, resigning themselves to their own loserdom. It's sad how some people can't get a grasp on simple concepts no matter how much you help them. All minds are not equal.

I'm thinking about going to law school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home