Products from The 99 Cents Store are often subpar.
There's just something about many of the products that I have purchased at The 99 Cents Store that leave much to be desired. When I go into a national chain to purchase goods and services, I assume that they have some sort of quality control system in place or an employee position like Standards and Maintenance; something of that nature.
With this is mind, I must say that I have been vastly underwhelmed with the many of the goods I have spent my hard earned dollar on at T99CS. For example, the "Star Wars Galactic Bubble Gum Shampoo" which came in the Darth Vader shaped bottle wasn't nearly what I was expecting. The shampoo itself had a less than stellar consistency, a little too watery, and the bubble gum scent that the bottle championed was quite weak. When it came to cleaning my hair, I also felt it lacked effective moisturizing power, which unfortunately carried over into the way it dealt with split ends, frizziness and volume. Also the molding of Vader that acted as the cap to the shampoo was rather flimsy, to the point where I wouldn't feel comfortable using it in any major scene reenactments. Also, the painted on "lights" that were applied to the Vader-mold were not the correct colors, a minor complaint, but one that I hope the powers that be take into consideration.
The knife-set and pizza cutter that I purchased with the "Star Wars Galactic Bubble Gum Shampoo" were also unfortunately far from adequate. None of the blades seemed to be as sharp as I would have wanted, and two of the serrated knives lost nearly all their serrations while cutting through a loaf of sourdough. Once again, I was disappointed in the quality of products purchased from T99CS.
I hope some of the big wigs at The Store listen to the buying public and realize that it is not okay to peddle products that are not of a high quality. How, as a consumer, are we to know what is quality merchandise and what is less than excellent? I hope the next time I walk in to The 99 Cent Store I will find aisle after aisle of high quality clothing, produce, and home products.
I hope.
With this is mind, I must say that I have been vastly underwhelmed with the many of the goods I have spent my hard earned dollar on at T99CS. For example, the "Star Wars Galactic Bubble Gum Shampoo" which came in the Darth Vader shaped bottle wasn't nearly what I was expecting. The shampoo itself had a less than stellar consistency, a little too watery, and the bubble gum scent that the bottle championed was quite weak. When it came to cleaning my hair, I also felt it lacked effective moisturizing power, which unfortunately carried over into the way it dealt with split ends, frizziness and volume. Also the molding of Vader that acted as the cap to the shampoo was rather flimsy, to the point where I wouldn't feel comfortable using it in any major scene reenactments. Also, the painted on "lights" that were applied to the Vader-mold were not the correct colors, a minor complaint, but one that I hope the powers that be take into consideration.
The knife-set and pizza cutter that I purchased with the "Star Wars Galactic Bubble Gum Shampoo" were also unfortunately far from adequate. None of the blades seemed to be as sharp as I would have wanted, and two of the serrated knives lost nearly all their serrations while cutting through a loaf of sourdough. Once again, I was disappointed in the quality of products purchased from T99CS.
I hope some of the big wigs at The Store listen to the buying public and realize that it is not okay to peddle products that are not of a high quality. How, as a consumer, are we to know what is quality merchandise and what is less than excellent? I hope the next time I walk in to The 99 Cent Store I will find aisle after aisle of high quality clothing, produce, and home products.
I hope.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home