Tuesday, March 01, 2005

JC Penny spins some of the hottest beats in adult contemporary.

Apart from a fresh new Bugle Boy sweatshirt, or a slick pair of tapered Lee Jeans, I bet you thought there was no other reason to swing by JC Penny. Think again.

Who knew that an establishment like JC Penny would be rocking with some of the nicest moves on the 1's and 2's in recent memory? Talk about feeling a flow. Whoever they have working the wheels of steel most definitely has some skilz.

Picture this: A realtime, 20 second crossfade mash-up between Kenny G's "How Could an Angel Break My Heart" and "Closer Than Close" by Peabon Bryson. Then, a slow, slow fade out, a shout-out on the PA slingin' the specials on Lladro Porcelain replicas, then dropping back into the beat with the slammin' "Torn" from Natalie Imbruglia.

Damn!!! It told you this stuff was on fi-yah. I'm can't wait to hear the Jars of Clay/Teddy Pendergrass comp. next time I roll into JC to the P.

2 Comments:

Blogger HELMAR said...

I gave Nick Nolte directions to The Writer's Boot Camp last night! I can die a completed man!

10:11 AM  
Blogger HELMAR said...

Nick having little to do with the exploding "Adult Comtemporary" genre, I'll offer a more relevant tidbit.
I would have to agree and say that the new white label "Ross vs Marshall's: A Re-Tale" mashup is in heavy rotation right now, I've even heard them drop it in such upscale outlets as Abercrombie and Urban Outfitters. When will JC Penny, currently rated BPM magazine's "#1 People's Choice" for Adult Contemporary anthems, begin podcasting their infectiously Essential Mixes?

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home