Friday, March 11, 2005

God is big on capitalizing pronouns.

Yes He surely is. You can tell that He likes it by how many times you see people do it when writing about Him. It's as if He instructed folks to do it, back when He was talking directly to people and they were talking directly to Him.

"Listen up. From now on, whenever you mention Me and refer to Me as "He," please go with "He" instead of the weaker and less magnificent "he."
Let said rule apply when using "Him, His, or even Your if you are referring to Me in any sort of a possessive tense.
That is all for now. Carry on."

Does capitalizing pronouns really make them holier? I remember the first time I saw a God-ified pronoun I was confused and thought they were talking about another person. An understandable error; those biblical guys did have odd names...

"Lot who begat Shemp who begat Him who begat Cain who begat Yours who begat Moe who begat He..."

And while on the subject of begatting, "begat" is a word that it not used nearly enough in casual conversation.

"Did you here about Liz? She finally begat Her baby!"
"Oh, You're kidding Me!"
"No, I would never joke with You about That!"
"What's His or Her name?"
"Well, It's a boy, He weighed about 7lbs at begatting, and They're gonna call Him Billy Jo."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home