"Chucky" Cheese is just a nickname.

Charles in Charge
Originally uploaded by eppyad.
Boy am I embarrassed. For years, I thought when I went out to work on my skeeball game, I was going down to the local "Chucky Cheese's." When I saw the guy in the mouse (rat?) costume, I'd pat him on the back with a, "Hey Chucky!" or a, "Chucky, good to see ya again!" I thought we were pretty tight, Chucky Cheese and I.
Well, I recently learned that it is not "Chucky Cheese's" but rather "Chuck E. Cheese's."
Awkward.
I've been calling this guy the wrong name for years now, and he hasn't once said anything, probably just shaking his head and scoffing at me when I left for another round of skeeball.
"That guy's been coming here for ten years and hasn't got my name right once. What a jack-ass....Hi kids!!!"
Man, do I feel like a douche. I'm not really sure how I should approach Chuck when I'm at his place tomorrow night. Just act like everything's cool? Acknowledge that I've been a loser for so long? I just dunno.
And what does that middle initial "E" stand for anyways? Charles Eugene Cheese, Charles Edward Cheese, Charles Erskine Cheese? Whatever it is, it's pretty lame sounding.
Ya know what, fuck that guy, I don't need him or his skeeball. How many times has he come over my place? What do I owe him?
Is a mouse (rat?) really the best mascot for a family eatery? I think not...Chucky.


1 Comments:
Jeeze, I mean what a relief.
I thought I was the only one who made that mistake.
I noticed about a year ago and had the same red faced reaction. I havn't got the sack to go back and face old Chuck though. Hope it goes well for you when you do go back. Let us know how it goes. I'm sure we aren't the only one out there.
Chuck (Embarrased) Cheese
Post a Comment
<< Home