Sunday, March 20, 2005

I've found a hidden message in certain t-shirts.



Originally uploaded by eppyad.

Man, some people can be so subversive.

Get this...while recently hanging out on the Venice Beach boardwalk, a nice man walked by me in what first appeared to be a white Taco Bell shirt. Upon further inspection though, I noticed that the shirt did not say "Taco Bell," but instead said "Toca Bowl," which one of my good friends informed me was a reference to smoking marijuana through a pipe-like device!

Color me fooled!

How clever! While they maintained the same color scheme as the original logo, the bell normally found in the Taco Bell logo was in this instance replaced with a pipe bowl. Sneaky!

Cued into this new realm of double entendre t-shirts, I started to take a closer look at the shirts of the people around me. Man, were my eyes opened.

What I thought to be an Adidas shirt turned out to say "Addicted" and the normal logo was in the shape of a reefer leaf. A t-shirt which I would have normally pegged as an Apple Computer "Think Different" shirt instead directed wearers to "Think Chronic." Whoa!

"Got Milk?" became ""Got Dank?" Nice!

A shirt with what looked to have a dollar bill on it carried the Latin "E Cannibus Unum." Damn!

Needless to say, I had no idea the t-shirt industry housed such a solid base of creative genius. Who knows, someday I might get crazy and make my own shirt.

How's this sound: Instead of "Dole"...it would say "Bowl!!!"

Eh? Eh!?!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Refer Madness dude. Like crazy.

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home