Monday, March 28, 2005

The Penultimate Warrior never quite made it to the top of the WWF.



Originally uploaded by eppyad.

At the top of the WWE/F food chain, there is only room for one. Those who reach the pinnacle of the "sport" find themselves in the rarified air reserved only for society's true heroes. These are speedo'd men of mythic proportions.

For those whose never reach those heights, uncertainty and a life spent wondering what could have been are one's constant companions.

Such is the sad case of The Penultimate Warrior. Here was an athlete who devoted himself to a life inside the squared circle, gaining the respect of his peers and the adoration of many, many young boys. His finishing move, The Penultimate Adjustment was played out in schoolyards across the nation. To the layman, it appeared that The Warrior had it all: the fans, the money, the makeup.

But looks can be deceiving. Everyone thought The Penultimate Warrior was the best. Everyone assumed The Penultimate Warrior was number one in the game.

"Of course he's the best! He's The Penultimate Warrior! He's Penultimate!"

How wrong they were. It turned out that The Penultimate Warrior was not the best, but only the second best. And when it came time for the WWE/F to make personnel adjustments, it was The Penultimate Warrior who was dropped from the roster.

"Sure, I had a great run. I loved my time in the ring," says The Warrior from his current position as an investment banker.
"But sometimes, I still miss the thrill of it all. Sometimes I still would love another shot at the top. Another chance to bask in the sun."

"To show that I'm more than just Penultimate."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home